Sunday, February 6, 2011

the safe place

there are some of us who are social, engaging and extroverted while some of us are more reserved. we may seem different to the naked eye, but there is one thing we all have in common - we all look for that one place where we can be ourselves, get lost and have no questions asked, where we find all our questions answered, yet no one talks, and as we get out of that sacred place, we feel a sense of inner peace that no other thing or person can give us.

it is, for me, that place where i can always go, which i can trust to keep all my secrets, confide in - every bit of my life, and build a sense of trust which no person, journal or mind can provide. it is neither in the mind nor is it any physical entity. my safe place has no face, no soul but it's presence i can feel - i cannot see where it is but i am always aware when i am in it.

2 comments:

  1. i know its a little weird, but my safe place has become wordpress.i love blogging and wordpress has given me everything i wanted. so its become my safe place!! but then again i guess safe places are always weird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats the beauty of it... safe places are those places that make us feel comfortable.. like we belong somewhere... these are the most ordinary places you can find.. but it means the world to somebody

    ReplyDelete