Sunday, February 6, 2011

my inspiration

Every time that I come online, which seems to be quite rare nowadays, I log into my blog and i think of what i could possibly write about. i perpetually look for some inspiration. i know i am a good writer, but somehow, in the last year or so, i cant seem to get into the flow of things. im creative too, i dont doubt that. but i have always prided myself on being someone who writes from the soul. and i cant seem to find satisfaction with my writing, at all. so i look outside. i have been a strong believer in finding inspiration from the world around me, the world that i am familiar to. it makes a lot more sense to me. of course, to the world, the everyday man is just another drop in the vast sea of life. but to me, their tiny everyday success stories are my greatest inspiration. these are people just like me, a huge part of my life. so i find great satisfaction in their achievements.

whenever i am stuck about something, i turn to think about one of those people who inspire me, and think what they would do. and life seems terribly easy after that. i tell you this because i feel i owe tribute to someone in my life who has been a silent contributor to my success, and it is high time she knew it. but first, i have to tell you my story. it has a point, i promise. (if you will take two minutes to read it, you will know what i mean! :D)

for years, my little cousins have looked up to me, doing what i do, basically following my footsteps. of my cousins, the oldest, the one closest to my age once admitted to me in a letter, years ago, that i am her role model. that she looks up to me for everything and tried time and again to be like me. i felt great joy in having heard that. at least i make a difference in someone's life. it was a small confession at the time, one that i took great pride in. but around the same time i created this blog, my sister created hers as well.

i remember her often telling me that she loves to write, but that i am a better writer than she is and that one day, she hopes to write as well as me. but a few months ago, i read my sister's blog and i was ashamed and amazed at the same time. why? amazed because my sister is a fantastic writer. i had no clue. she writes about such simple things, but they always have such great depth to them. they actually make you think. and she articulates her thoughts so well.

and i felt ashamed because i always prided myself on being a good writer. now, after reading what she writes, i feel totally inadequate. i still do continue to write, but i always have a feeling of being incomplete. it is a nagging feeling. but i am still just trying to overcome it.

i guess what i am trying to say is, the little girl closest to my heart, and who looked up to me stands today as my greatest inspiration. and i feel that the world should get a piece of her mind and her talent. so, for all those of you who read this blog post, please do go and check out her blog: rashmikamath.wordpress.com  :)  

1 comment:

  1. omg i can't believe i didn't see this till now!!
    it's kinda cool that we are each other's inspiration because then we always have each other to fall back on and we always have each other to talk to.thank you for thinking that i am a fabulous writer and you have always known that i think the same about you :)

    ReplyDelete