Monday, December 6, 2010

a winter's wish

GLOBAL WARMING has been the talk of the town for many many months. We talk of how hot the climate is getting, how unbearable the summers are and that there is barely any rain to spare. But as i sit in class this fine Winter morning wrapped in a fine, thick jacket and watch all those around me shivering in the chill and warming themselves up, it takes me back to those days when winters were still cold, and the sun didn't shine all that bright. It makes me think, perhaps I understand what my parents mean when they say that the city was so chill in their days that it was unbearable to step out of the house.



The winter's chill makes me want to cuddle up in bed with a thick blanket, reading a book and perhaps some hot  chocolate. This isn't so much lethargy as it is the desire for warmth and cosiness, the thought of warm, smooth liquids flowing down your throat, satisfying every muscle, bone and cartilage. The piping hot cup between my fingers tingling my sensations, my body craving for more warmth.

Perhaps a bath, in a tub of boiling hot water, its temperature against the chill of the winter, seemingly warm, relaxing the body, easing the muscles and rejuvenating the mind.

The crazy winds blowing all around, ears shut and heads covered. Blowing out the chill that surrounds us, breathes of fog as the early morning mist, exudes the body, perhaps the warmth settling in. These are the things that i dream, these are my winter's wish!!

11 comments:

  1. While I went through your post... I got a tingly feeling when you spoke of the cozy blankets and hot chocolate. It was really cold in the city yesterday, and that kind of an explanation makes me crave to go home.

    Although, as I came to the last paragraph, it kinda felt like a mockingly exaggerated talk. I mean if you compare this chill to what winters really used to be, back in childhood days, I guess this would just be the trailer to the whole movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u just described the perfect way to spend a chilly evening.. :)
    hot chocolate, a book and a thick blanket!!
    of course such evenings are best enjoyed with another person.. but not all of us are that lucky..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blast from the past and how it fits perfectly into the present is a nice topic to touch upon. Elaborate it more and write a bigger piece taking lots more things, other than the lovely chilly winter! Trust me, it'll be one hell of a piece and you're the perfect person to write it because the warmth flows through your words. =)
    Nice going crackpot! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cup of coffee, a good book, a blanket and cold weather. The definition of a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well defined swati!!! d prospect of cuddling up under a blanket n drinkin a cup of hot chocolate is seriously so tempting dat 2 wid cias on r head!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I agree. Luckily, today isnt really that chill, or i am sure i would have positively done it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol.. i read all of the above comments..a..a..and in one word.. the writing is "refreshing" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. man u brought back my old memories.... winter rocks....

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe... i know... i love them too... they bring back old memories for me as well... i just wish it snowed a little too.. that would be like the icing on the cake!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well.. thankfully for me i come from a place where winter is almost a myth!!
    and i just love it.. i love hot chocolate, a book and a thick blanket on a hot summer day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. then, you should definitely try it on a cold winter day... its a million times better!!

    ReplyDelete