Wednesday, December 8, 2010

and the tongue starts to move

How does a quiet, reserved and unassuming girl go to become one of the most talkative people around? some would say they changed, others would perhaps say its inevitable. But, the more I think of it, i seem to have gone to the other extreme. There is only one way I can describe the condition - BIGMOUTHEDNESS! It is a disease, indeed. There is no escaping it. It is a pity if no one has ever thought to discover or invent it. Come to think of it, it is quite a no-brainer. We have foot in the mouth disease, right? This seems to be an ally to that. And why not? This lands you into trouble just as much! 

Granted, it takes some of us a while to open up to others, get comfortable with them, enough to be able to talk to them. But, does that mean you need to divulge so much information that you land yourself in trouble? I hope not. But, I hear it is contagious. So says my friend. I remember the day clearly, I don't think i laughed as hard ever before. We were on our way back home, this was a couple of months ago. We had just gone out to spend time. When we were coming back home, he kept me highly entertained, telling me story after story. I am a person who loves to talk, but apparently, I was just not being given the opportunity. I finally had to tell him to stop talking when he told me this, "I have never been so talkative, you know? Even now, I don't talk as much with anyone as I do with you." I don't think I had ever been so flattered.

But when I reached home, I got to think. Have I really changed so much in such a short while? Memories came streaming back, and in my head appeared the picture of a quiet little girl, too scared to say anything, afraid of the consequences. And today, as i stand in front of the mirror, appears before me a figure, the sight of whom tells me is quite a confident girl, ready to say what she feels, not wondering too much of the consequences.

Quite a change, right? And a pleasant one at that. Doesn't mean that the words are disrespectful or cruel, not intentionally. But, it sure does get me into an awful lot of trouble. Anyone who knows me will vouch for that!! ;)

10 comments: